Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Father's Day

With Mother's Day just on our Tails (Hope you were all spoiled rotten btw!), We have to start thinking a little more masculine. Sometime's it's a little difficult to get out heads around a card that would appeal to a man. Obviously bling is out...no dazzling diamonds! :( So what says Masculine better than rusty nuts and sandpaper? Ok...I didn't actually use sandpaper on the card...but hmmm....that's an idea....but this card has been sanded. And not just a little bit of sanding like you would see on a distressed card...this is sanding on steriods. It's called the faux linen technique, and can be seen in detail on splitcoaststampers.com. It's glossy white paper, stamped and sponged, and then sanded vertically and horizontally. Then the large tree was stamped after. This set is Lovely as a Tree from Stampin' Up. The ribbon is Chocolate Chip grosgrain. The saying is from Define Your Life, (also SU, of course). I realy love this card, and I'll be doing it at my Gander stamp club meeting (If I ever get out there! lol).

I hope you all have a great weekend, and also, check out my Facebook Group, Come Stamp with me! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=73540154176
I'm trying to get video's uploaded on a semi-regular basis with new ideas and techniques. And of course, if you would like to book a party, or join me for one, email me, amie.greene@gmail.com, and we'll set something up! That's where the fun really is!!

Have a safe and fun weekend, and don't drink and drive!

And of course, Happy Scrappin'!!

Amie
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment