Friday, March 6, 2009

Cherish


I'm involved in a swap between demonstrators all across Canada, (optional, of course, make 11 cards, get back 10), so I'm still assembling mine, but they have to get in the mail by the end of this weekend! The theme for the swap is Wedding card invitations. I don't actually have either SU wedding set, and I think that even if I did, I would still use this set. Partly because I think that the few Wedding sets that are available will probably get lots of coverage in this swap (I hope so, so that I can still show them). But mostly because I Love love love this tree, and let me tell you that this picture does not even do this card justice. (man, I need a light box!) I love everything about this card...it almost makes me want to get married again! It looks more like a wedding card than an invitation, perhaps, but whatever, I love it.
It's a rather simple design, the colours are Chocolate chip and Very Vanilla, a nice classic combination. The background is dry embossed with one of the new swirly Texturz Plates from Stampin' Up. The tree is first stamped in Chocolate, and then stamped overtop with Versamark, and then embossed with clear embossing powder. This look could also be accomplished by using Chocolate chip craft ink, or versamark and chocolate EP. (neither of which I have). Cherish comes from the Baroque Motifs set. The brown strip up the side has the leaves from the tree embossed on it in clear EP. I think its a nice classic look. This stamp set is amazing. Out next stamp club meeting with be using this tree for a sympathy card.

Makes you rethink finding a place in your house for the matching Decor Element, doesn't it? Email me to order!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment