Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Poppy

Today it's Arnold's birthday (Chase and Shaelin's poppy who lives here in town), so this morning, amongst my cleaning and napping with Shaelin...(why not!) I made this card for him. We're giving him tickets for dinner and a movie for him and a date...(wonder who he'll take?! lol), so this little gift card-type holder was perfect. I saw a variation on this at the last Demonstrator's meeting, but there's was a little more structured. As you can see in the next picture, the inside is simply folded up and cut in the middle for easy folding. The one I saw was glued on both ends and in the middle, and was designed for gift tags I believe. Anyways, since these gift cards are just long vouchers rather than an actual card, I changed the structure a little and came up with this.
I love this designer paper. Although it's stripes and could be used on any card, to me it has a masculine feel. It came from the Designer series set Washington Apple. The card is made with Night of Navy paper, the light blue is Brocade Blue, and the yellow is So Saffron. I coloured the cupcake with those inks and a blender pen, and popped the sentiment. The stamp set used is Crazy for Cupcakes, but I think I really need to get some nice new sentiments including a nice birthday one. Hmmm...maybe the new catalogue has what I'm looking for.
Anyways, on the inside I just stamped the balloon in Versamark. The ribbon I used is NOT Stampin' Up, as I have no invested in any SU ribbons yet. I will, but for now, this one has a polka dot that perfectly matches the So Saffron, so I'm happy with that.

Anyways, off to tidy up. We're having the crowd in for chicken tonight to celebrate Arnold's birthday. Hope I'll get more done tonight (maybe some Valentine's or something, thats what I'm aiming for) so I'll post more later tonight...Ihope. :)

Happy Scrappin'!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment